Welcome to the Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute of the Department of Plant and Soil Science at Texas Tech University. We are committed to serving the research needs of manufacturers, cotton breeders and public agencies. In addition, our academic programs, in conjunctions with other colleges at Tech are continually in progress. The Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute research is changing the way the world talks about Fiber Quality
- AAEC 5312: Agribusiness Analysis
- PSS 5370: US and Global Cotton Fiber – Textile Industries
- PSS 5371: Structure and Functionalization of Cotton Fibers
- PSS 5373: Biopolymers and Bioproducts
- PSS 5376: Advanced Studies in Cotton Fibers
- PSS 5377: Cotton Fiber: Genotype to Phenotype Characterization
- Texas International Cotton School
Noureddine Abidi has been selected as the recipient of a Texas Tech University Chancellor's Council Distinguished Teaching and Research Award, university officials announced today. Abidi is an associate professor with Tech's Department of Plant and Soil Science and head of university's Biopolymer Research, Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute.
Sen. John Cornyn toured the university's Fiber & Biopolymer Research Institute with students and faculty researching the next generation of cotton.
Even though cotton prices have reached historic heights in the past year, Texas Tech researchers said West Texas needs to continue developing higher-quality fiber to stay ahead of growing competition overseas and maintain a strong, long-lasting market for farmers.