M.S. Degree Programs
We offer Master of Science Degrees in:
- Plant and Soil Science†,with several areas of emphasis:
- M.S. in Plant and Soil Science with a specialization in Crop Protection.
- M.S. in Plant and Soil Science with a specialization in Crop Science.
- M.S. in Plant and Soil Science with a specialization in Fibers and Biopolymers.
- M.S. in Plant and Soil Science with a specialization in Soil Science.
- Horticulture Science †
Master of Science degree students may pursue either the thesis or nonthesis option. The thesis option (24 hours of graduate course work plus six hours of thesis research) is designed for students who intend to pursue a Ph.D. An oral exam over the research is required for the thesis option. The nonthesis option (36 hours of graduate course work) is considered a terminal degree. An oral exam is required during the graduating semester for the nonthesis option.
Before being recommended for admission to a master’s degree program with a major in this department, the student may be requested to provide evidence of proficiency in background for graduate work or may be required to take (without graduate credit) such undergraduate leveling courses as may be designated by the department.
A Master of Science degree at a distance is available in both Horticulture and Plant and Soil Science; each requires a minimum of 36 hours of graduate course work without a thesis. Students must take the last 6 semester credit hours from Texas Tech and an oral exam is required during the graduating semester.
† Degrees can also be obtained through distance options.
If you are interested in applying, visit the Graduate School/PSS-MS Program page.
PSS department: Contact information.